Pet Safety Guide: Tips for In & Around the Home
Learn essential pet safety tips from the home service experts at Authority Brands. Download our pet safety guide for the full list of tips on outdoor, electrical, and pool safety, grooming, organized living, air quality, plus other need to know tips that can help you care for a pet in your golden years.
8 Tips to Keep Your Pet Safe Around the Swimming Pool
Not every dog is a swimmer! While many of our four-legged friends were born for the water, some will sink straight to the bottom! If you have a swimming pool, you must be especially careful when watching your pets. Losing a pet to drowning is tragic, but it is also preventable. Luckily, here are some simple suggestions to keep Rover afloat.
- Not all pets are natural swimmers, so never assume they can swim. Invest in a pet life jacket.
- Keep an eye on your pet when they are in or near the water.
- Teach your pet where to safely enter and exit the pool. Pet friendly ladders can also be added to your pool.
- Install a safety fence around your pool.
- Add a pool alarm system. Consider purchasing a pool alarm system to make your swimming area safer. See the different types of pool alarm products and other pool safety equipment here.
- If a water injury occurs, take your pet to the vet immediately.
- Store pool chemicals in a safe area away from pet access.
- Keep your pool properly maintained. Bacteria in your pool water can make your pet sick.
Learn more about how America's Swimming Pool Company can keep your pool clean, safe, and healthy for all swimmers by contacting a pool professional today!