ASP plans to continue operations as long as it is safe and legal to do so, and will update you with any changes ASAP.
We are instructing our employees to take some common-sense precautions and are enforcing all procedures from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). These precautions and procedures include:
- Stay home if they are sick or exhibiting symptoms.
- Greet others in ways other than hand-shaking.
- Minimize the risk of infection by conscientious hand-washing and sneezing/coughing into a sleeve or tissue.
Our expectation from you, our customer, is that if someone in your home becomes sick please do not greet our technicians in person.
Can coronavirus live and spread in your swimming pool?
Your pool should be a safe place for you and your family, as long as it’s properly maintained.
WHAT WE KNOW:
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, currently “there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.”
Some steps we recommend which may help are:
- Maintain proper water chemistry levels to protect against coronavirus.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the pool environment.
- Follow steps for healthy swimming.