2 Day In-Person CPO® Certification Class
Cost: $395 per student
The Certified Pool & Spa Operator® (CPO®) certification program is the world’s leading education and certification program for training individuals with the proper knowledge, technique, and skill required to maintain safe and efficient pool operations.
In this 2-day in-person course, among other things, students will:
- Acquire proper pool and spa management techniques, to include efficient water circulation, filtration, and heating and air circulation.
- Gain knowledge on pool water balancing, chemistry, disinfection, water contamination causes and recreational water illnesses.
- Learn how to calculate pool volume, chemical dosing, breakpoint chlorination, and the Langelier Saturation Index.
- Explore methods to keep employees and patrons of swimming pools safe and healthy.
- Master Nevada and Washoe County regulations to be able to pass Department of Health Inspections.
Other notes regarding CPO Certification:
- Must attend both entire sessions and pass open book exam to be certified.
- Class is from 8 AM to 5 PM on both days.
- Students need to bring a calculator, highlighter and photo ID to class.
- Tuition includes 2023 CPO® Handbook and all supplemental class materials
- CPO® Certification is valid for five years
To search for the next available class, please visit https://www.phta.org/ and click on “Find a CPO Class”.